I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Monday 26 October 2015

Triple Trouble at PaperArtsy

Hello all and welcome back for the second sneak peek of the day. I'm here now to send you hopping mad again!  The new theme over at PaperArtsy for this fortnight is Triptyches.  I haven't had time to offer inspiration there for a while but given that I often seem to end up working in triplicate - usually by accident as much as by design - I couldn't miss this one!


I'm back with my bottle obsession and I've been playing with the new Frosted Glaze for this one, trying to create vintage embossed glass out of pretty much nothing.  If you hop over to PaperArtsy to take a look, watch out for the midnight weeds, distilled into the poison bottles, thrice blasted, thrice infected (a triple infection - appropriately for a triptych!).




Thanks so much for stopping by and hopping around today, maybe twice... if you missed my Winter Branches over at Calico, do take a look.  I'll be hopping around Craftyblogland in between workshops and train travel this week, so I'll hope to see you soon.

Thoughts black, hands apt, drugs fit, and time agreeing,
Confederate season, else no creature seeing;
Thou mixture rank, of midnight weeds collected,
With Hecate's ban thrice blasted, thrice infected,
Thy natural magic and dire property,
On wholesome life usurp immediately.
From Hamlet by William Shakespeare






SPECIAL EXTRA (making a hopping triptych!)
I'm very happy to say that my collection of tiny houses, What Makes A House A Home,
is being featured over at Scrapbook Expo this week - I'm very honoured, thank you Lorraine.

27 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Love this, Alison! I shall take heed and avoid falling asleep in my garden for fear of some of the contents of these finding its way into my ear!!! I love how you created the frosted glass and what an imaginative use of the beautiful botanical stamps. The whole project is just wonderfully evocative! xx

experiments in paper said...

Ha, ha!! Love your take on the bottles..... brilliant to have embossed words! And as always, love your blues and browns.....just gorgeous! I am thrice enchanted! xxx Lynn

Unknown said...

oooh I'm intrigued... and I get a double whammy of your gorgeous work this evening - bliss xx

Redanne said...

Oh wow Alison, that is such fantastic news about being featured at Scrapbook Expo - huge congratulations and very well deserved!!

Love your triptych, the bottles look amazing and I love the wonderful background you created for them.. Anne xx

Fliss said...

A very intriguing sneak peek Alison and well done on your Scrapbook Expo news which is fabulous for you!
Fliss xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Really fabulous. Just perfect. Very clever. Lx

Deb said...

A trio of lovelies, off to take a closer look! Deb xo

Astrid Maclean said...

Off for a closer look, looks exciting from what I can see so far....

Helen said...

Love the triptcyh, Alison and well done on the Scrapbook Expo feature!

Candy C said...

Beautiful triptych, Alison. Love the background colors and stamping. Your frosted bottles are fabulous and really stand out against the background. Beautiful work!

Terry said...

Oh how fabulous your triptych is, Alison! Love what I am seeing, so off I go to PA! Congratulations as well! Hugs!

Mrs.B said...

WOW Alison, just had a closer look and it's a stunning piece(s), the bottles look amazing.
The panels themselves are fabulous, love the colour and the depth to the background, beautiful colour to the flowers too.
Avril xx

rachel said...

stunning work alison. love it all xx

Dorthe said...

So dreamy and also mystic, love the frosted glass bottles, and how you created their stunning background!!
Love it Alison.
xxxoo Dorthe

Corrie Herriman said...

This is fantastic, Alison.... Love the blues and browns.
Corrie x

Marci said...

The bottles look almost real!The background is gorgeous, love the shades of blue.

Cocofolies said...

Off to see your triptych, of course I can't miss it too.. I adore also tryptiches and trios! Hugs, Coco xx

Neet said...

Ooh, that frosted glaze looks brilliant! Am off to see more of your work. Thanks for the tease.
Hugs, Neet xx

catherine said...

Been over Ailson and had a look and yet again another fabulous project with lots of wonderful details
x catherine

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous tryptich! Congratulations on being featured at Scrapbook Expo! Chrisx

craftytrog said...

Looks great...off to see more! xx

Jackie PN said...

Omg! At first glance, I thought that was a real bottle!! heehee Off for a closer look- you clever gal! xo

Kay Wallace said...

I enjoyed checking out your posts, Alison, and love them both. Triptychs are one of my favorite forms of art, so love yours here! Your energy and talen seem boundless!

Sue said...

WOW beautiful as always Alison, I really love what you do with these colours xx

craftimamma said...

Wonderful trio of tags for the triptych theme Alison. I don't know anyone who creates such realistic looking bottles as you! Brilliant spooky theme too!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Ruth said...

Thought this was such an inventive take on the triptych theme when I saw it on the PA blog. Love what you've done with the frosting glaze to create some very effective apothecary bottles. Gorgeous (yes spookily so) and fabulous as always Alison! Ruth xx

Ruth said...

Forgot to say congrats on your houses being featured, well deserved! Ruth x