I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Friday 22 May 2015

Layers of Meaning at PaperArtsy

Hello all!  I'm delighted to be over at PaperArtsy this evening, sharing a pair of tags as part of the Words theme.  As you'll read if you hop over there, I've been playing with layers of paint and ink to reflect the layers of meaning I love to unpick in language.  It's not always what's on the surface with words... sometimes you have to look beneath.


I hope the sneak peek will tempt you to take a look at what I've been up to over there, and for now I'll wish you a very lovely weekend, and hope to see you soon.  (In fact, I'll be back almost before you know it!)

Words are but the vague shadows of the volumes we mean.  Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes.
Theodore Dreiser

20 comments:

chrissie said...

An interesting idea. Off to find out more about it at PA

Have a nice weekend Alison

Love Chrissie xx

Ruth said...

Been across, wonderful layers, just gorgeous!! Ruth x

alice k. said...

Your layers are beautiful!

Helen said...

the tags are gorgeous!! I can't wait to see what's next!

sam21ski said...

Fabulous x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your tags are both fabulous and you do have such a wonderful way with ink and paint!
Chris x

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous sneak peek xxx

Fliss said...

Really gorgeous looking peek Alison so off to take a proper look now.
Have a lovely weekend.
Fliss xx

Redanne said...

Lovely to see you over at Paper Artsy Alison with these gorgeous tags! Love how you used the Treasure Gold. Anne xx

Marci said...

Your tags are beautiful with the layers of color, stamping and gilding.

Marci said...

Your tags are beautiful with the layers of color, stamping and gilding.

sally said...

Such beauties Alison! Love the layers & layers of colour :-)

Sally

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tags Alison! Love the gilded letters and the mix of ink and paint to create the backgrounds. Sue C x

Pamellia said...

Looks amazing Alison! Off I go to see more! happy weekend, hugs :)

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Love this Alison saw it over at paperartsy could tell it was you straight away love the embossing and colours. X

Unknown said...

Beautiful tags, Alison! I love the layer upon layer upon layer that you've created--there's so much interest and meaning :) A wonderful tutorial over at PaperArtsy!! XOXO-Shari

Candy C said...

Alison...these tags are so pretty! I loved seeing their transformation. It makes you appreciate the creativity behind all of the layers and their transition from very cool to WOW that much more. Thanks for sharing.

Cocofolies said...

Hi Alison, just left you a comment on this couple of tags on PA's blog, as I LOVE them of course, they are simply wonderful!!! And about what we were speaking about two days ago, I've sent a message to Beatrice of course... Hope she will answer to you very soon now, as it is in her own interest :) And you so well deserve the guest DT spot!!!! Hugs, your friend Coco xxx

Deb said...

Gorgeous looking tags Alison, I'm intrigued to see what is lying beneath, off to take a peek!

Mary Elizabeth said...

The Theodore Dreiser quote is still ringing in my consciousness as I sit here and try to write something. I love it. It was so brilliantly executed in the play that you worked on NY last fall. I've found myself listening for moments like that again. I've found that gifts like that don't come around that so very often. Off to PaperArtsy ... and I'm on my third cup of coffee. Such a wonderful Sunday of rest, wandering and wondering. -- ME