I'm travelling into a new way of working, a new country, a new language, and a new hobby which I'm passionate about. Come with me for some of the journey...

Saturday 2 August 2014

Calico Rose

I've a sneak peek today, and a shorter than usual post to share once you get there, so if you've time to spare, you may want to catch up with all the new challenges which kicked off yesterday.  You'll find my Artistic Stamper art journalling here, and my Country View Challenges tag here.  Oh, and there's also my farewell piece for Artistic Outpost here.

But for now we're off to Calico Crafts for a celebration of the rose, and a celebration of one particular Rose - our extraordinary neighbour, who celebrates her 97th birthday today.  That deserves some Shakespeare, don't you think?


I hope you like what you find if you hop over to Calico, and I'll hope to be hopping round for some more visiting in the next few days.  I know, I know... promises, promises!!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful weekend!

Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose, is a rose.
From Tender Buttons by Gertrude Stein

22 comments:

massofhair said...

Been & left a comment on your sensational Tag, love the rose in memory of your Neighbour Rose's 97th birthday, a lovely thought:-) xxx

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful just off for a look! Sue C x

Nikki Acton said...

Gorgeous Alison, love how you have used panels from the papers, great idea. Nikki x

Astrid Maclean said...

Off to take a look, the flower looks so vibrant!

Cestina said...

"Every thing that grows
Holds in perfection but a little moment"
Or, indeed, 97 years....And this too is perfect
xxx

chrissie said...

It is amazing and only you would have thought of the higgledy piddledy arrangement of the boards--wonderful.

Love Chrissie x

Redanne said...

A really beautiful tag Alison and a fitting tribute to Rose on her 97th birthday! Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, the rose is perfect.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wow,very inspiring Alison,love everything about this one. Beautifully constructed,you have got to have this taking pride of place on the wall!!

Lovely weekend

Hugs
Donna xx

Amanda said...

Beautiful! What a lovely namesake piece for your neighbour, she will love it!
Love
Amanda x

Evelyn Walter said...

The old Lady will love this! Everything is perfect on it! The color of the roses shines out from the background, beautiful!
xxx Evelyn

Ruth said...

Beautiful, the flower just pops to complete a perfect tag, loving the plank background x

Paper Profusion said...

Heading over to see Alison. Happy Birthday and congratulations to Rose - bet this loves this beauty. Sorry for being MIA Alison - I was away in Kerry on hols. Nicola x

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Alison..love the 'planks' of wood and those roses just pop..happy Birthday to your friend..97..one year "older than my Lady"...I better not tell her that as she thinks she is the oldest person in the world...lol..

luv CHRISSYxx

May said...

That flower looks amazing... Off for a closer look... Hugs May x x

cathylynn said...

Gorgeous rose now I'm off for a better look!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Mrs.B said...

Just had a look at the project Alison. wonderful 'wood' background
making that rose really stand out.
Avril xx

Julie Lee said...

This is so beautiful, Alison and the perfect gift for Rose! I have left a comment over at CC. Julie Ann xxx

Jackie PN said...

Another Gorgeous creation! Happy birthday to your friend- she must be very dear to you! xo

Anonymous said...

I shall pop on over there right now.
Wishes
Lynne

Kelly said...

I love how you created the wood effect. The roses are a gorgeous pop of color. I am sure she will enjoy your present and bravo for her 97th birthday!
Hugs Kelly

Kezzy said...

Wow wow wow truly gorgeous stunning creation. I so love the background, I really need to have a go at that it's so effective. I really love the pop of colour with the flower, amazing :-) Kezzy xxx